- John Waters at the Neptune tonight was fantastic. My face hurts and I am up way past my bedtime. #zzzzzzz 4 hours ago
- @wwbaker3 It's not the team's frugality that I find in need. I am becoming severely more and more appalled at what players are asking for. 4 hours ago
- @wwbaker3 There is a HUGE difference between being skeptical and being "emotionally involved". Huge. 10 hours ago
- I am 100% allowed to be skeptical about this move. If you have a real problem with that, it is time for you to unfollow me. 10 hours ago
- @wwbaker3 Regardless, I'm SO not getting into an online argument about being wary about something like this. 10 hours ago
Pushing a Giant Baseball Up a Hill and Watching It Roll Back Down Since 2008
Merry Christmas From Section 331
December 25, 2012Posted by on
As we wait and wonder what the Mariners do next, I’d like to take some time to wish you and yours a very happy holiday, for whatever occasion you celebrate on December the 25th; even if it’s just, this year, a normal Tuesday. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day full of good food, good friends, laughter, and plenty of thanks for whatever this year has brought your way. Whatever your station in life, we all have baseball in common, and that is enough for me. Thanks for continuing to read, regardless of how intermittently I may be writing these days.
Here, we celebrate Christmas as a family, and just as it has been all my life, the tree is a noble fir decorated with German decorations collected during my dad’s Vietnam days, decorations that are just a wee bit older than I am. Tomorrow, we wreak some havoc on presents, some of my parents’ neighbors are coming to join us for dinner, and we light this sucker up like a bonfire, because that is how we roll here (yes, those are real candles).
Happy Holidays, everyone!