- RT @TaylorBlakeWard: #Angels High-A affiliate, @66ersBaseball will be wearing these Zombie Apocalypse uniforms on June 12th, thoughts? htt… 1 hour ago
- @PatrickStites No can do; a trilby on the right person is exquisite. Unfortunately, the right people don't often wear them. 1 hour ago
- OK. You kids need fashion lessons. Fedora- Indiana Jones. Trilby- 80s ska bands, rude boys. Style difference - very great. 1 hour ago
- @LordBenne Well, first of all, it's a trilby, not a fedora... 1 hour ago
- @pokano ?!? I would much rather eat Japanese food, and MUCH rather eat it in Japan! :/ 1 hour ago
Pushing a Giant Baseball Up a Hill and Watching It Roll Back Down Since 2008
I don’t know if this is necessary, but it could be, so that’s why it’s here.
This blog is in no way, shape, or form affiliated with, paid for, or (most likely) condoned by the Seattle Mariners, SafeCo Field, or Major League Baseball. All the opinions, whining, and smacktalk posted here are mine and mine alone, and are based on what I read, see, or hear. All photos used on the site are from one of three sources:
My own camera – I use a Canon S5 iS Powershot with a lens extender that assists in deflecting glare (because my telephoto is a $50 paperweight). It’s far from being professional (hear that, SafeCo Field door people?), but I can get some decent shots with it when necessary. I am still working on my photography, and do covet a better camera, but all in due time. The header photos on the blog always come from my own shots.
Daylife.com – The AP folk take some fine pictures, especially of Spring Training, an event I will likely never be able to afford to witness firsthand. If a photo from this site and it’s affiliated photographers is posted here, credit will be posted as it’s due. Because I am uncertain of what constitutes fair use, I try to keep these pictures to a minimum. It must be noted, then, that I make NO money from this blog, either via donation or advertisers. I write because I enjoy it, not because I’m hoping to cash in on anything. If anything, I’m the one paying for my own URL every year.
Friends – occasionally, a friend I might go to a game with either has a better camera, or more experience with a similar one. These photos will also be credited.
This is a blog, not a news site. I am not claiming to be a news site, nor do I have any desire to be a news site. I have plenty of links to news sites about the Seattle Mariners, with many excellent insights by our local newswriters; please feel free to check them out.