Kenji

Brad Lefton from the Seattle Times has an article about Kenji Johjima with his new team, the Hanshin Tigers. I got some flack thrown at me on Friday by Conor Dowley of ProBallNW.com someone who shall remain nameless for having a Johjima #2 bottle opener on my keychain, but I staunchly defend my choice. Kenji was never a player I liked for being extraordinary on the field. I just liked him because he was Kenji Johjima; and it looks like there is no shortage of that sentiment in Japan. Good luck this year in your homeland, Joh!

14 Responses to Kenji

1. Pingback: Linkage « East Coast Mariner

2. Althanan says:

Hey now, it was a good kind of flack! Sorta…

3. Jon@PBNW says:

Don’t let that Conor guy soil PBNW’s good name!

4. Jon@PBNW says:

Damn I need to get in on these summits! Road trip!

• section331 says:

It wasn’t much of a summit – after passing out on a friend’s floor it was pretty much the exact opposite. lol

I may actually be in your neck of the woods at the end of March – my husband is playing a show in Portland, and I will be out of school for break around that time -was debating driving down, chilling with family, and coming back a day or two after. Conor displayed interest in going with, but a lot of things seem like a good idea when you’re drinking, so I don’t know if he’ll be able to make it or not.

• djslowdive says:

Just beware Jon, those “summits” in Seattle usually involve a Red Sox fan πŸ˜›

Sounds like college! πŸ™‚

6. Jon@PBNW says:

Who is your husband playing with and what venue?

• section331 says:

Looks like the Fez Ballroom, and he’s traveling with a band from Australia – not sure who might be locally opening. Conor and I were talking about travel, and possibly lunch? Everything’s up in the air at the moment, still a month away…