SafeCo open this Saturday between noon-3pm

Further details are located here, but it appears that there will be an informal gathering down at SafeCo this Saturday to say goodbye to Dave Niehaus. From the article, it also looks like there will be another more formal ceremony later. At this point, I don’t know if I would like to go down to the Safe Saturday, or take the chance on the formal ceremony maybe or maybe not being open to the public. I feel like I should at least go down on Saturday to sign the book for his family. They deserve to know how important he was and how much people loved him, and I’d like to be part of that memento.

I seriously am still rocking a mean case of shock. I listened to 710 ESPN to and from a job interview today, and hearing other people, fans and players both, choke up on the radio was almost too much for me to take. Brock and Salk did play some happier, funnier Dave moments, though; and hearing his voice on the radio still makes everything just so surreal…

Pictures and such to come if I’m able to make it down there on Saturday. I’ve got a busy weekend ahead.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to SafeCo open this Saturday between noon-3pm

I’ll be there.

I have a busy day, so I’m going to get there as close to noon as possible, but I now have a pretty long list of folks from out of town who can’t make it and would like me to sign for them. I figured it was the least I could do for people. Harrison from sodomojo.com gave me the idea, since he lives in Alabama and cannot make afford the flight over here.

Cool gesture, and I’m sure it will be much appreciated. I have to go, and will definitely say “hi” if I see you there. Peace.

Hope so, and I will definitely need a drink afterwards. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Chris from Bothell says:

It’ll be hard to explain to my 6-year-old that no, we’re not there to run the bases or see a game or play at the playground… and kind of a mob scene, esp. right at noon… but I’m sorely tempted to go. I’m half wondering if some of the local bloggers and blog-hangers-on should wear nametags. If ever there was a time for some of the Times commenters to make peace with each other… ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, it may depend a bit on when I wake up and how many signatures I wind up with. Debating making the offer for folks on Lookout Landing, but not sure if my hand can take it. :/

I wish that I could hang out with folks and maybe have a round or two, but tomorrow is crazy busy for me enough as it is right now. Maybe during the formal ceremony in December things will be a bit less hectic…