I don’t talk much about Scott Boras. He is a polarizing figure, and I generally choose to stay out of those types of discussions. Partly because it makes my blood pressure skyrocket (‘He’s getting how much money?!’), and partly because most of the time, I really don’t know what I’m talking about. But today, I really need to give credit where credit is due. Scott Boras is proof that the Jedi mind trick exists. I know this because the Arizona Diamondbacks are giving Willie Bloomquist a million bucks to play a utility role for a year. I harbor nothing against this situation – everyone knows what Boras does, and everyone is aware that athletes go where the pay takes them 99% of the time. I think I’m just stunned. Bloomie gets to keep playing baseball – and with my third favorite team – and Boras gets to keep living in what is likely a very large house on a nice hill somewhere. It’s pretty impressive, if you think about it.
- DELICIOUS. twitter.com/evanperez/stat… 1 hour ago
- *Obersinner*?! If you wrote that into a book about this, it would be panned. spokesman.com/stories/2018/d… 5 hours ago
- WHAT. A. RIDE. twitter.com/QAGreenways/st… 14 hours ago
- Poking around on Ebbett's Flannels and hoooo doggies has jersey design come a long way... 15 hours ago
- @PatrickStites @kcmetrobus Have been there too. heh 16 hours ago