I don’t talk much about Scott Boras. He is a polarizing figure, and I generally choose to stay out of those types of discussions. Partly because it makes my blood pressure skyrocket (‘He’s getting how much money?!’), and partly because most of the time, I really don’t know what I’m talking about. But today, I really need to give credit where credit is due. Scott Boras is proof that the Jedi mind trick exists. I know this because the Arizona Diamondbacks are giving Willie Bloomquist a million bucks to play a utility role for a year. I harbor nothing against this situation – everyone knows what Boras does, and everyone is aware that athletes go where the pay takes them 99% of the time. I think I’m just stunned. Bloomie gets to keep playing baseball – and with my third favorite team – and Boras gets to keep living in what is likely a very large house on a nice hill somewhere. It’s pretty impressive, if you think about it.
- @CFromBothell Well, this is my current view. 🤣The hell do they put in the water here?! https://t.co/bZ4KM9ZAXd 6 hours ago
- At a show and once again am the shortest person here. I don’t get in with crowds because stranger danger, so I am c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- @95coffeespoons Ouch! ☹️ 14 hours ago
- Captain Buzzkill. https://t.co/L7UiPlwKBh 14 hours ago
- RT @hillarynkirby: Hey @Mariners was thinking you should probably have the OG Maple Grove throw out the first pitch in Canada Day/Paxton Bo… 14 hours ago