I don’t talk much about Scott Boras. He is a polarizing figure, and I generally choose to stay out of those types of discussions. Partly because it makes my blood pressure skyrocket (‘He’s getting how much money?!’), and partly because most of the time, I really don’t know what I’m talking about. But today, I really need to give credit where credit is due. Scott Boras is proof that the Jedi mind trick exists. I know this because the Arizona Diamondbacks are giving Willie Bloomquist a million bucks to play a utility role for a year. I harbor nothing against this situation – everyone knows what Boras does, and everyone is aware that athletes go where the pay takes them 99% of the time. I think I’m just stunned. Bloomie gets to keep playing baseball – and with my third favorite team – and Boras gets to keep living in what is likely a very large house on a nice hill somewhere. It’s pretty impressive, if you think about it.
- @Oldboys_Podcast That's better than nothing, but wow that must be frustrating. :( 7 hours ago
- @CFromBothell @hillarynkirby @Safeco330 @rockedfaces @LookoutLanding I can't, no; I'll be in Chicago. Next time though. :) 9 hours ago
- Once upon a time... https://t.co/tKj0YHhkQc 9 hours ago
- @leibtribe @JoeVeyera TAKE ME WITH YOU 😳 10 hours ago
- I really wish people would stop engaging political bots/trolls. They're so ridiculously easy to spot. Critical thinking is clearly dead. 13 hours ago