I don’t talk much about Scott Boras. He is a polarizing figure, and I generally choose to stay out of those types of discussions. Partly because it makes my blood pressure skyrocket (‘He’s getting how much money?!’), and partly because most of the time, I really don’t know what I’m talking about. But today, I really need to give credit where credit is due. Scott Boras is proof that the Jedi mind trick exists. I know this because the Arizona Diamondbacks are giving Willie Bloomquist a million bucks to play a utility role for a year. I harbor nothing against this situation – everyone knows what Boras does, and everyone is aware that athletes go where the pay takes them 99% of the time. I think I’m just stunned. Bloomie gets to keep playing baseball – and with my third favorite team – and Boras gets to keep living in what is likely a very large house on a nice hill somewhere. It’s pretty impressive, if you think about it.
- 😍😍😍 twitter.com/realgrumpycat/… 16 minutes ago
- @JoeVeyera Hrnng. Maybe I do. Daaaammit. 19 minutes ago
- Rebels fight nazis. That’s how this shit works. Get bent, morons. twitter.com/mermaidofhyrul… 22 minutes ago
- LOL if @Twitter and @facebook think I’m paying ANY money to access their cesspools, y’all are wrong. I would rather… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 24 minutes ago
- RT @TimFederle: 2016: I'm the worst year ever. 2017: Hold my beer. 2018: Hold my b [buffering buffering buffering] ee [buffering] r 26 minutes ago