I don’t talk much about Scott Boras. He is a polarizing figure, and I generally choose to stay out of those types of discussions. Partly because it makes my blood pressure skyrocket (‘He’s getting how much money?!’), and partly because most of the time, I really don’t know what I’m talking about. But today, I really need to give credit where credit is due. Scott Boras is proof that the Jedi mind trick exists. I know this because the Arizona Diamondbacks are giving Willie Bloomquist a million bucks to play a utility role for a year. I harbor nothing against this situation – everyone knows what Boras does, and everyone is aware that athletes go where the pay takes them 99% of the time. I think I’m just stunned. Bloomie gets to keep playing baseball – and with my third favorite team – and Boras gets to keep living in what is likely a very large house on a nice hill somewhere. It’s pretty impressive, if you think about it.
- And if you put a fucking tiger in here you would call it a fucking cage. GTFOH with this. twitter.com/brianstelter/s… 1 hour ago
- Stay safe out there folks... twitter.com/brittneybush/s… 1 hour ago
- *already ded* twitter.com/billwixey/stat… 1 hour ago
- Literally the clearest way it can be laid out for everyone. twitter.com/billablog/stat… 2 hours ago
- ♥️ twitter.com/paolaa_janet/s… 12 hours ago