A Return, And A New Feature?

Hey, look who’s back…

After a long absence from these hallowed halls, I’m back and ready for more.  It’s been a long offseason, and I unfortunately neglected my duties in helping Megan out around here.  For that I apologize to her, and to all of you.  I’ve been writing a lot at Pro Ball NW (including a guest post on ESPN), and recently have had some family issues to attend to, which among other things have conspired to keep me away from here.  Now that the season draws near, however, I should be back to provide thoughts, insights, and occasional insanity, much like I did last season.

That said, I have an idea.  I’d like to do some sort of weekly feature here, in a similar vein to Megan’s Fridays At Safeco last year, as well as her new feature that she’s going to be rolling out this season.  However, I’m not quite sure what I want to do.  Writing about prospects is a forte of sorts for me, but if that’s not what you folks want, I don’t want to bore you endlessly all year long.  I want this to be interesting for all of you, so I’m going to take suggestions on what you lot want to read.

Want me to do weekly game analysis?  Prospect reports?  Player thoughts?  Something else entirely?  Tell me what you want to see in the comments and help me decide what to write for you this year!

13 Responses to A Return, And A New Feature?

1. Megan Shear says:

Do a poll, dork! :p

2. Patrick says:

I vote for a weekly feature on Jose Lopez.

3. Chris from Bothell says:

1. Prospect report. Play to your strengths, eh?
    2. Regular crossposting between here, proball nw, and ESPN.
    3. A week by week standings summary that includes the 4 AL West teams, plus a fifth parallel universe fantasy team composed of currently active former Ms like Adam Jones, Shin Soo Choo, Brandon Morrow, etc. Depending on how far back and silly you get with it, you could probably have close to a full 25 man roster…

• It is seeming most likely that I’ll do some sort of prospect report thing, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something else you guys wanted to see from me instead. I’ll probably wind up cross-posting it with PBNW; I wish I could cross-post it to ESPN, but I only get occasional posting rights there while the SweetSpot chair is empty, and I don’t think it’s going to stay so for long.

I like half of one of Chris’s ideas – a weekly roundup of the standings. It’ll help me keep track of such things, and it’s something that, really, nobody else around the blogosphere is doing much. It would make for nice perspective. That’s just me, though.

4. Michael says:

I dig the prospects idea as well, it’s nice to know who’s coming and going on the farm.

5. Shields says:

Quantum physics.

6. After discussion with Megan (it is her site after all), I’ve decided on what the feature will be. What is it? Well, you’ll have to come back and read it when I launch it 😉