I have had this email sitting in my inbox for ages, and kept forgetting to post it here. I will, quite unfortunately, be at work during the time this is going on, otherwise I’d be there in a heartbeat. But anyone who can should definitely go, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I will not be at the Rainiers home opener due to not being quick enough to get tickets in a proper seat (and I have no desire to sit on possibly-wet grass to watch a game), but I plan to get down there to see the new stadium as soon as humanly and financially possible. Anyway, the details for tomorrow’s festivities are as follows:
Come on in-the new Cheney Stadium is OPEN!
Rainiers fans, the wait is over. Saturday, April 2nd we will open the gates to the brand new Cheney Stadium at the annual Pre-Season Party. This is your first chance to walk through the gates of Cheney Stadium and see the rebirth of a legend up close.
Check out all the fun & excitment taking place at the Pre-Season Party this Saturday, April 2nd from 11AM-2PM:
- FREE hotdogs & soda
- Tours of the brand new Cheney Stadium
- Select-A-Seat: Purchase a new season ticket plan and take in the view from your exact seat
- NEW Rainiers Team Store-Awesome new Rainiers gear
- Box Office is OPEN to purchase single game tickets or click here to purchase online now
- Kids Zone on the Alaska Airlines Family Terrace: face painters, bounce house and balloon artists
- Open to the public-entrance and parking is FREE-Please note: Cheyenne entrace will be closed
- Season Ticket Holders, pick up your 2011 tickets
Be prepared to be in awe. This legend will not disappoint. We’ll see you on Saturday, April 2nd from 11AM-2PM.
Vice President, Tacoma Rainiers