Well, that was fast

While I was busy wondering whether or not Mike Carp could be here, the Mariners decided that he should. Well, my work is done for the day. The rest of this week should be interesting. We “lose” Mike Wilson, but I have no opinion one way or the other on that part of it. We are obviously doing what we feel we need to do. This also allows for the possibility of the Justin Smoak/Mike Carp 1B/DH thing, so that’s kind of neat…

13 Responses to Well, that was fast

1. Patrick says:

I don’t see Carp playing 1B much if at all. LF/DH seems most logical, even though he’s not a real LF.

I haven’t been able to pay attention to the Rainiers much at all this year – I knew he was first last season, and I’ve never seen him play outfield before – didn’t think he had any range…

• Patrick says:

I don’t think he does, but theyve stuck him him in LF this season, I think because of the lack of Tacoma OFs and too many 1B/DHs. And really, he can’t be much worse than Carlos defensively. He’s still not an OF by any means though.

2. SodoJoe says:

I just hope that we can still see a lot of Halman and Peguero. I really like these kids too. I would even prefer to see Ichiro take a rest and have Halman lead off for a few games and play right. We’ll see what happens. A long way to go yet this season.

3. Megan Shear says:

DH then for Carp for a few, maybe, since Cust is so-so still.

• Patrick says:

I’m sure he’ll be the guy if they want to give Cust rest, since the other options are just gross.

4. Patrick says:

Hmm looking at USSM, Dave seems to think Peguero lost his job, I’m not unhappy if that’s the case.

• Chris From Bothell says:

Dave also thought Pineda needed to start the season in Tacoma to work on secondary pitches. He’s right about a bunch of things, but I’m hoping he’s wrong about Peg. If Carlos is figuring it out, game by game, he could be pretty decent by year’s end.

5. Megan Shear says:

No it was not. A win helped his case as well, I suppose. I look forward to our feline possible overlords.

6. Patrick says:

I was extremely surprised to also see Carp has lost 20-25 pounds, can’t remember what they had said. He definitely looks it, so that is definitely encouraging, at least from a work ethic stand point. (BTW posting via twitter account from now on now that I see it’s an option on wordpress.